To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Dog training classes. The Valley Isle Kennel Club of Maui will sponsor six classes to be held at 6:30 p.m. Mondays at Pukalani soccer field. Cost is $60. For more information, call 572-0257.
* Gardening class. Anne Gachuhi will be conducting a class titled "Aquaponics/Aquaculture in the Home Landscape" from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday at Hope Chapel in Kihei. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Beginning Jewelry" with Jaisy Hanlon will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Mondays. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Painting Flowers Simply & Beautifully" will be from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember).
** "Abstract Oil Painting" with Tony Walholm will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursdays through March 7. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember).
** "Encaustic Painting I" will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Jan. 27. Cost is $165 ($207 nonmember) plus supply fee: $40.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Speak Hawaiian Intermediate" with Kumu Taua will be from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays through Feb. 26. Cost is $99.
** "Wine Tasting Essentials" with Horst Antosch will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. Requirements: Must be 21 years or older to attend. Cost is $99.
** "Introduction to Digital Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturdays through Feb. 2. Requirements: Bring SLR digital camera, batteries, instructional manual, and laptop computer to class. Cost is $144.
** "Kids 'n' Cameras" with Joanne Doel will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Bring your digital camera. Requirements: grades 4-8. Cost is $39.
** "Speak Hawaiian for Beginners" with Rebecca Kapolei Killi will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturdays through Feb. 16 (no class on Feb. 9), at Lahaina Education Center. This class is best suited for a newcomer to the islands. Cost is $144.
** "Healthy Indian Cooking Made Easy" with Indu Burks will be from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 2. Cost is $144.
** "PTP: World of Work" with Joanne Doel will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday. Requirements: grades 9-12. Cost is $49.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free classes.
** "Toddlers & Preschoolers" with Darlyn Kin Choy will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Advance registration is required by calling 242-1608.
** "Depression: Getting Back on Track" with Bill Staton will be held 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
** "Le Leche League International (Breastfeeding)" with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Advance registration is required, email email@example.com.
** "Child Car Seat and Booster Seat Inspections" will be from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Kama'aina Kids Lahaina Preschool, 553 Wainee St. in Lahaina. Advance appointments required by calling 243-6187.
* Business workshops. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold public workshops. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Sales Skills 101 - Communicating your way to a Better Future" by TJ Anderson will be from 12 to 1 p.m. Wednesday. Free.
** "QuickBooks for Small Business" by Richard Kehoe, CPA will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday. This is a beginners' class. Cost is $45.
* "Family Education Course on Mental Illness." The National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold free classes from 5 to 7:30 p.m. for 12 consecutive Thursdays at J. Walter Cameron Center, downstairs conference room, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. To register, contact Robert A. Collesano at 242-6461, Robert@MauiMentalHealth.org; or Shareen Seykota at 572-5790, MauiShareen@gmail.com.
* Meditation class. Free presentation held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Unity Church of Maui, 483. S. High St., Wailuku. Call 1-877-MEDITATE or 879-0871 or visit: www.santmat.net.
* Yoga class. Kihei Community Yoga Center is sponsoring a six week series on "Halting Bone Loss to Prevent Osteoporosis" to be held from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays through March 2. Cost is $75. For more information, call Robin Rousselle at 281-9456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Pilates class with Eva Bondar will be from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays through March. 2 at Wailuku Yoga Studio. Cost is $69. To register, call or text 212-4861.