The following services are planned for Christmas Eve, Monday, and Christmas Day, Tuesday:
* Christ the King, 5 p.m. Christmas Eve family Mass, 7 p.m. Hispanic Mass and 9 p.m. bilingual Mass; midnight Mass; and 8 a.m. Christmas Day Mass. The church is at 20 W. Wakea Ave. in Kahului. Phone: 877-6098.
* Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 6 p.m. Christmas Eve children's program at 520 W. One St. in Kahului; 9 p.m. candlelight communion service at 655 Wainee St. in Lahaina; 10 a.m. Christmas Day, carol singing and Bible readings at the Kahului church. Phone: 877-3037. Website: www.elc-maui.org.
* Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 6 p.m. Christmas Eve services with a costumed pageant, performance by the Good Shepherd Hand Bell Choir, other special music and family eucharist. The Maui Brass Ensemble will perform at 10:30 p.m., followed by Christmas Mass at 11:15 p.m., with special music by the Senior Choir and Brass Ensemble. The Ka Ohana Kitchen will open, beginning at 7 p.m. Donors or volunteers should call the church office at 244-4656. Christmas Day Mass will be held at 9 a.m. The church is on the corner of Church and Main streets in Wailuku.
* Ka'ahumanu Church, 6 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service. A necrology service also will be done in remembrance deceased church members. Phone: Kahu Wayne Higa at 244-5189. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* St. Anthony Church, 6 p.m. vigil Mass on Christmas Eve, midnight Mass; 7 and 9 a.m. Christmas Day Masses. (No evening Masses on Christmas Day.) The church is at 1627B Mill St. in Wailuku. Phone: 244-4148.
* Unity Church, 6:30 p.m. Christmas Eve candle lighting service at Iao Theater in Wailuku. Music will be provided by Curt Lee, Ken Stover, Unity Choir and Hula Hui O Lokahi. Phone: 242-9327.
* Valley Isle Fellowship, 9 a.m. Sunday service (with a complimentary continental breakfast to follow) and 6 p.m. Christmas Eve service at the Wailuku Elementary School cafeteria, 355 S. High St., Wailuku. Phone: 244-0865. Email: email@example.com. Website: www.valleyislefellowship.com.
* Paia Hawaiian Protestant Church, 8 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service. The church is at 246 Hana Highway, next to the Paia Community Center. Phone: 244-7340.
* Hope Chapel, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday services; 4, 6 and 8 p.m. Christmas Eve services, with Christmas carols, gospel hula and dessert fellowship after each service. Child care for 6 months to 6-year-olds will be provided for all but the 8 p.m. candlelight Christmas Eve service. The church is at 300 E. Welakahao Road in Kihei. Phone: 879-3853. Website: www.hopechapelmaui.com.
* Keawala'i Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, 6:30 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service, with music by the children's ensemble and members of the Na Leo Nahenahe adult choir under the direction of Cameron Keys. Participants are invited to bring a single stem flower or lei to adorn two outdoor Christmas trees. The church is at 5300 Makena Road. Phone: 879-5557. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Keolahou Congregational Hawaiian Church, 5:30 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service, including music, songs, scriptures and dance by Na Keiki O Keolahou. Participants should bring a mat or lawn chair because seating is limited. The church is at 177 S. Kihei Road. Phone: 879-4693.
* Kihei Lutheran Church, 5 and 8 p.m. Christmas Eve services, which will include candle lighting, Christmas carols, holy communion, special music and a performance by the church's hula group of the traditional Filipino "Pandanggo sa ilaw," or "Dance of Light." The church is at the intersection of Piilani Highway and Moi Place. Phone: 879-7979. Website: www.kiheilutheran.org.
* Trinity Episcopal Church by-the-Sea, 7:30 p.m. candlelight service, with caroling, a Christmas message and holy eucharist. The church is at 100 Kulanihakoi St. in Kihei. Phone: 879-0161.
* Grace Church, 7 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service, with light refreshments to follow. The church is at 55 Makaena Road (across from King Kekaulike High School) in Pukalani. Phone: 572-8384.
* Makawao Union Church, a 6 p.m. family service Christmas Eve, followed by an 11 p.m. candlelight service and caroling. Music Director Elisabeth Gregg and guest organist Jim Gruber will join in duets beginning at 5:30 p.m. Featured soloist Lisa Paulson and harpist Tatyana Shapiro-Leiste will perform Christmas carols at 10:30 p.m. The chancel choir will sing and hand bells will ring at the candlelight service, while stories for the children will be told at the 6 p.m. service. Nursery and child care will not be provided. The interdenominational church is at 1445 Baldwin Ave. Phone: 579-9261.
* Po'okela Church, 7 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service. The church is at 200 Olinda Road in Makawao. Phone: 573-0903.
* Pukalani Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Sunday Christmas program; 6 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight service; and 10 a.m. Christmas Day service. The church is at 4 Loha St. Phone: 572-7968 or 870-4060.
* St. John's Episcopal Church, 4 p.m. lessons and carols on Christmas Eve, followed by an 8 p.m. communion and candlelight service, 10 p.m. carol singing, 10:30 communion with candlelight and 8:30 a.m. Christmas Day communion service. Refreshments will be served after the 8 and 10 p.m. Christmas Eve services. The church is at 8992 Kula Highway. Phone: 878-1485. Email: email@example.com.
* St. Joseph Catholic Church (Mission) at Kaupo, noon Christmas Mass on Dec. 30, with a potluck lunch to follow. The church is on the Upcountry Piilani Highway between Mileposts 33 and 34. Phone: 870-1450. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* St. Joseph Church, 5 p.m. Christmas Eve vigil Mass, 7 p.m. children and youth Mass, 9 and midnight Masses; 7 and 9 a.m. Christmas Day Masses. (No evening Mass.) The church is at 1294 Makawao Ave. Phone: 572-7652.
* Waipuna Chapel, 5 and 7 p.m. Christmas Eve services, including carol singing, a children's presentation and the retelling of the Christmas story by Pastor Shaun Waite. Light refreshments will be served between services. The church is at 17 Omaopio Road in Kula. Phone: 878-6343. Website: www.waipunachapel.com.
* Apostolic Faith Church, 10 a.m. Sunday Children's Christmas program, with the theme "Stranger in the Manger." Noah Aea, 12, will be the announcer. Dolly Alverio will direct the program. Phone: 661-3480.
* Church on the Go Inc., 9:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service. Services are held at Garden Chapel by the Sea at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, 2525 Kaanapali Parkway. Phone: 385-2912. Website: www.churchonthego.us.
* Holy Innocents Church, 5:30 and 8 p.m. Christmas Eve services; 9:30 a.m. Christmas Day service. The church is at 561 Front St. in Lahaina. Phone: 661-4202. Email: email@example.com. Website: www.holymaui.org.
* Kumulani Chapel, 5, 7 and 11 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight services in Hale Hokulani (The Barn) on Office Road in Kapalua. Phone: 669.6905. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.kumulanichapel.org.
* Maria Lanakila Church, 6 p.m. Christmas Eve vigil Mass, 11:30 p.m. Christmas carol and midnight Mass; 7, 9 and 11 a.m. and 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. (Spanish) Christmas Day Masses. The church is at 712 Wainee St. in Lahaina.
* Sacred Hearts Mission, 6 p.m. Christmas Eve vigil Mass (no midnight Mass); 7 and 9 a.m. Christmas Day Masses. The church is on Office Road in Kapalua.
* Waiola Church, 7 p.m. Christmas Eve candle lighting and mele service; 9 a.m. Christmas Day mele service. Services are in Hawaiian and English. The church is at 535 Wainee St. in Lahaina. Phone: 661-4349. Email: email@example.com.