* Personal: Age 17, daughter of Casey and Denise Tamashiro of Wailuku. Enjoys playing soccer, dancing hula, working out, online shopping and traveling.
* At School: Headmasters List, national Honor Society, Student Government, varsity soccer, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Interact Club, Teens Under Construction Christian Club.
* Off Campus: Halau Na Lei Kaumaka O Uka, Maui United Soccer Club, Kahului Baptist Church, AYSO?coach, HYSA referee, Na Aikane 4-H Club, Hawaii Elite Soccer Academy.
* Beyond High School: Wants to attend a four-year university or college on the west coast and major in biology.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youths today?
"The biggest problem youths face today is that they want to grow up too quickly. No one wants to be a kid anymore. A lot of people nowadays want to rush into adulthood and do not enjoy the time that they have as a child. Now is the time to learn, make mistakes and memories. There will be a time when we grow older and will reflect on our childhood. Looking back, I would want to remember fun times spent with people I love, not rushing toward getting older. Take advantage of your childhood and enjoy it while you can."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.