To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art class. "Parent and Child Art Days" with Rochelle Mendoza will be held from noon to 4 p.m. today at the Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. Ages 5 and older are welcome. Cost is $50 ($63 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
* Online health workshop. "Better Choices, Better Health Online" presented by National Council on Aging, takes place 2-3 times a week, for six weeks. Discover practical ways to better manage pain, fatigue, stress, healthy eating, medications, exercise and more, all in the comfort of your own home. Free. Call 270-8221 for more information. Registration is required at www.selfmanage.org
* Trail of the Whale. Free whale information stations along Maui's coast offered from Tuesday through April 30, 2013. For information, call 249-8811 ext. 1.
** Papawai Point, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Watch whales at this popular scenic overlook off Honoapiilani Highway (Route 30), approximately 3 miles northwest of Maalaea Harbor.
** Wailea Marriott Resort and Spa, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. View whales in front of the Wailea Marriott, off Wailea Alanui Drive.
** Marriot Maui Ocean Club on Kaanapali Beach, 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays. The station is located along the oceanfront pedestrian path fronting the resort.
* Menorah Workshop. Children can build their own Menorah for Chanukah at Ace Hardware in the Pukalani Terrace Center, 9 to 11 a.m. today. Presented by Chabad of Maui and sponsored by Ace Hardware. No charge, parents must accompany children. Call Chabad at 249-8770 or go to www.JewishMaui.com
* Health class. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku is offering a class titled "10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's." This family education program will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday. Participants aim to increase awareness of the warning signs of Alzheimer's disease and the benefits of early detection and diagnosis. Free. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
* Aquacranial class. Aquacranial Basic Training with Rebecca Goff will be held from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Learn to decompress the body, release tissue and relax the central nervous system with a gentle, noninvasive treatment. Class is taught in a pool, jacuzzi and ocean. Call 250-7213, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.aquacranial.com.
* Business workshops. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops from 12 to 1 p.m. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Internet Income Strategies" by Chris Mentzel will be on Tuesday. This workshop will benefit people searching for a new source of income, and entrepreneurs who want to advertise their business.
** "Marketing & Sales Strategies to Help Your Small Business" by Fred Rickert will be on Wednesday. Learn marketing and sales strategies. Learn ways to develop your target market, research, and find affordable ways to advertise your product or service.
** "Understanding Your Credit and Scores" by Jason Hall will be on Thursday. Participants will discuss how to deal with collections, tax liens, judgments, late payments, foreclosures and short sales on your credit report. Find out how this information can possibly be removed in less than 7 years to improve your scores.
* Medical massage therapy class. Learn Medical Massage Therapy with David Morin and Wanita Thompson, Jan. 11 through 18. MMT I, II and III taught together, representing 52 CE hours toward the 100 hour MMT Certification Program. To be held at a private residence in Maui Meadows. Make plans early to allow yourself time to secure accommodation. Cost is $1,000 if paid by Wednesday, $1,100 thereafter. To register: contact David Morin, 879-1077 or visit the website: www.therapyedu.net.
* "There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch", a presentation by John Cadman will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Center. Cadman will shed some light on the National School Lunch Program. Learn about why this is the most popular yet flawed social welfare program in our nation's history. Free. Call 572-8371 or email email@example.com.
* Stargazing Cruise will be held from 8 to 10 p.m. on Thursday. Cost is $59.95 for adults, $39.95 for children. This cruise is timed to coincide with the best stargazing conditions. It will focus on the wonder of the Christmas Star, as participants gain a new appreciation of its story. This Pacific Whale Foundation evening cruise is narrated by special guest Harriet Witt, an international award winning astronomy writer and speaker. Appetizers, dessert treats and drinks are included. Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at Pacific Whale Foundation's Lahaina Ocean Store at 612 Front St., Lahaina. Book online at www.pacificwhale.org and save 10percent. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20%. For reservations call 249-8811 ext. 1.