* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.9
* SPORT: Football, paddling, track and field
John Paul Corpuz
* FAMILY: Noly and Cresencia Corpuz of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Honor roll, Key Club, Boy Scouts, paddling for Na Kai Ewalu
* FUTURE PLANS: Attending Wyotech to for engineering/automotive studies
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "What I enjoy most about being an athlete is the opportunity to represent my school and to play in front of my family and friends. I also enjoy sports because it keeps me healthy. Athletics has taught me sportsmanship, discipline and dedication."