This is where I answer by using the truth on the seven-point plan (Letters, Oct. 17):
1. There will not be any cuts in the military. There are millions of dollars added that the Pentagon has not wanted or needed.
2., 3. Mitt Romney's energy independence is not using new technologies but fracking, which is still not safe, drilling in federal wilderness and forgetting environmental safety so that oil companies don't have to worry about cleaning up after themselves.
4. Allowing vouchers has never worked. Where are these parents going to go to get this standard of education? To some of these Christian schools that teach that the Earth is only 9,000 years old. Can you picture your child in an interview with a science lab saying that the Earth is only 9,000 years old and that dinosaurs were on Noah's ark? They would be laughed out of the interview.
5. Romney wants less government. How is this less government going to keep pressure on the little Hawaii Department of Education?
6. Ending the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) will do just the opposite of lowering prices. As for competition doing so, it hasn't done that for years. Repealing the ACA it is going to magically lower the price?
7. This is a typical lie used by the Republican Party. They say it is a cut in Medicare for the individual and it isn't. This amount is cut from the overpayments the government pays to insurance companies and medical offices.