To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, located at 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Hours of Earrings Workshop" with Julie Matheis, will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $50 ($63 nonmember), plus a $20 supply and lab fee.
** "The Art of Landscape with Color Theory and Abstraction" with Terry Lopez will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 3. Cost is $395 ($494 nonmember) plus a $15 supply fee.
** "Beginning Wheel Throwing I" with Bob Flint will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 27. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) plus a $15 supply fee and $30 lab fee.
** "Art Escapes" with Dory Kanter will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 4. Cost is $155 ($194 nonmember).
* Watercolor painting class. Beginning watercolor painting with H. Lee Shapiro will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 4 in Kihei. For more information, call 875-9477 or visit www.hleeshapiro.com.
* Gardening class. "Gardening in Hawaii" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at University of Hawaii, Extension Office (CTAHR), Building 214, in Kahului. Students will learn about disease-resistant plants, which are well-adapted to tropical growing conditions. Cost is $15 per class $40 for three classes. For more information, contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College will offer the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Arthritis, A Natural Approach" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Nov. 15 at Laulima 106. This class is designed to teach how to rebuild healthy cartilage and regain mobility. Cost is $69.
** "Taoist Longevity Breathing" with Kurt Miyajima will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 8 at Laulima 105. Learn the basic Taoist breathing process, which forms the foundation for other practices such as Chi Gung and Tai Chi. Cost is $69.
** "Learn to Crochet" with Francine M. Fernandez will be from 9 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Laulima 107. Students will learn the basic crochet stitches. Cost is $84.
* Breastfeeding class. Kaiser Permenente will hold a breastfeeding class from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at its Maui Lani Clinic. Expectant mothers, fathers, family and significant others may learn the benefits of breastfeeding. Cost is $25 for Kaiser members or $35 for nonmembers. Advance registration is required. To register or for more information, email Mary Jane Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Spiritual realization teaching. The Diamond Approach Hawaii will offer an experiential weekend teaching from Friday through Nov. 4 at Hospice Maui. The subject will be "Being Love." Cost is $210. For more information, contact Karen Brewer at 276-6221 or email@example.com.
* Saturday Fun Series. College for Kids/College Bound classes will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Cost is $35. To register, call 984-3231 or visit www.edventuremaui.com.
** "Video Games from Scratch!" Part II for ages 10 and older. Students will learn what good game design is, how to program simple video games with animation, use or modify sprites, modify program details and in-depth programming. Took the Sept. 22 class? Learn much more, but beginners are welcome as well.
** "Be a Great Babysitter!" Age 10 and above. Learn the basics of being a responsible babysitter including infant and child care, safety, simple first aid, ways to keep children happily engaged in simple games and activities; what to charge.
* Coconut oil making class. Leonard Rabago Jr. will teach a coconut oil making class from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Hale Akua Garden Farm, located at 110 Door of Faith Road in Haiku. Learn how to harvest, grade, husk and scrape mature coconuts. Cost is $15. To register, call 572-9300 or visit www.haleakuagardenfarm.com.
* Marine tour. Pacific Whale Foundation will show participants what it's like to be a whale researcher on a personally guided group tour offered from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays. For more information, call 249-8811, ext. 1, or visit www.pacificwhale.org.
* Naturalist program. Pacific Whale Foundation will offer a free Coral Reef Information Station at Ulua Beach in Wailea to learn the names of the fish that you see while snorkeling. The station is open from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. For more information, visit www.pacificwhale.org.