To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Intermediate and Advanced Stone Placement" with David Welty will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Oct. 21. Cost is $150 ($188 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $30.
** "Parent and Child Art Days" with Rochelle Mendoza will be from noon to 4 p.m. today. Class is for ages five and older. Cost is $50 ($63 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $15.
** Adult Workshop: "Mosaic Mural Making" with Eric Okdeh will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $95 ($118 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $35.
** "Intermediate Digital Photography" with Aubrey Hord, will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $5.
** "Jewelry Construction" with J.B. Rea, will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays for six weeks (no class Nov. 22). Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Jewelry with Shells" with Julie Matheis, will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays for four weeks. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20.
** Professional Development for Teachers: "Murals by the Masses" with Eric Okdeh, will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 21. Cost is $95 ($118 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $35.
* Chiropractic Technique, taught by Dr. Gina Kim. To register, call 871-6996. Deadline is Monday.
** "Muscle Testing for Smarties and Dummies" will be from 5 to 9 p.m. on Thursday. Cost is $60.
** "Cellular Regeneration Technique" will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Oct. 21. Cost is $300.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Edible Landscaping for Your Home" with Anne Gachuhi will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays until Oct. 22 in Laulima 107. Participants will learn the design process for creating edible landscapes. Cost is $69.
** "Introduction to Drawing Basics" with Ana Lucia Ramirez-Arriola will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays until Nov. 5 in Laulima 107. Cost is $89.
** "Landscape Maintenance Course" with Anne Gachuhi will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays until Nov. 15 in Laulima 107. Cost is $129.
** "Dog Training 101" with Lisa Giesick will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays until Nov. 15 in Laulima 105. Cost is $125.
** "Hawaii's Marine Naturalist Certification & Training" with Hannah Bernard will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays until Oct. 26 in Laulima 225. For the tour boat crew and naturalists. Students must pass a written test and do 8 hours of naturalist training in the field to receive certification. Cost is $159.
** "Learn to Play Guitar in a Day!" with Marlene Hutchinson will be from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday in Laulima 105. Learn basic chords, simple strumming and picking patterns. Students provide their own acoustic guitar. Cost is $96.
** "Ukulele Classes.
Ukulele I" with Pam Petersen will be from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays until Nov. 24 in Laulima 105. Participants learn tuning, left and right hand techniques, chords, strumming, picking and reading chord charts and tablature. Students provide their own ukulele, and may also bring music. Cost is $79. "Ukulele II" will follow from 11:45 to 12:45 p.m. More advanced song selections, both for accompaniment and instrumental applications. Cost is $79.
* Gardening classes. University of Hawaii, Extension Office (CTAHR), Building 214, Kahului. Classes are from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cost is $15, or 3 classes for $40. Contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229.
** "Tour of Trees" will be Tuesday. Learn about trees suitable for low elevation.
** "Container Gardening" will be Wednesday. This session offers ideas for selecting types of containers.
** "Orchids: You Can Grow Them" will be Saturday. Learn how to select orchids suitable for Hawaii.
* Self-Realization Fellowship Retreat will be from Friday through Oct. 21 at the Grand Wailea. "Discovering the Beauty of God Within You" classes will focus on SRF techniques. Call (323) 315-0460 or visit www.mauimeditation.org for more information.
* Saturday Fun Series. College for Kids/College Bound from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima Building, "No Fear in the Fun Zone!" hilarious improv acting games, warm-ups and techniques, for grades 5-8. Cost is $35. Call 984-3231 to register, www.edventuremaui.com for details.