* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 4.0 (AP English, calculus, chemistry)
* SPORTS: Soccer, bowling, cross country
* FAMILY: Fred and JoAnn Oshiro of Kula
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, Interact Club, club soccer, tutoring, 4-H Club, Ryukyukoku Matsuri Daiko
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying optometry or physical therapy in college
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Sports has given me the opportunity to grow and mature. I learned how to become a better teammate, friend and leader. The life lessons I learned through athletics has prepared me for the future."