To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Verizon Wireless will offer free in-store workshops that familiarize customers with smartphone capabilities. Workshops titled "Android: Getting Started" and "Apple iPhone 4S" will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Sundays, beginning this week to Sept. 30 at the Verizon Wireless, 270 Dairy Road in Kahului. Participants can sign up at www.verizonwireless.com/workshops. For more information, email Taryn Nakamura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Mental Health Course, The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and Mental Health America on Maui (MHA), will co-sponsoring a free 12-week course designed for families of people with major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder or post traumatic stress disorder. "Family to Family" will be from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Nov. 28 at the J. Walter Cameron Center. To register, or for more information, call Bob or Harriet Collopy at 572-3757.
* 4T Prosperity Program will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 24 at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Participants will learn to change their thinking from lack and limitation to prosperity and abundance, according to a news release. There is a 100 percent money back guarantee. The program will be facilitated by Rev. Blaine Tinsley. To register, call 242-9327, email email@example.com or visit www.unityonmaui.org.
* Drumming for Health & Well-being with Nancy Friedrich will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning this week, at Kaunoa Senior Center. Anyone interested must attend the first session. No musical experience is required. Participants are asked to bring any small percussion instruments they may have. Class is limited to those aged 55 and older. A minimum number of people must sign up in order to hold the class; early registration is encouraged. For more information or to register, call 270-7308. Cost is $20 for four classes.
* A breastfeeding class with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on the first Friday of each month at Kaiser Permanente, Maui Lani Clinic. Bennett is a certified lactation consultant who teaches nursing fundamentals, problem resolution, feeding positions and latch-on technique. Cost is $25 for Kaiser members or $35 for nonmembers. To register, email Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "Fundamentals of Therapeutic Yoga" with Heather Ardoin will be from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. Fridays through Sept. 28 at Hotel Wailea's Anuhea Room. This is a gentle class focusing on breathwork, shoulder stabilization, pelvic stabilization and spinal mobility and stability. Cost is $50 for the series or $15 per class. For more information, call Ardoin at 891-1188, or visit therapeuticfusion.com.
* "The Maui Light Diet, Seven Ways to Perfect Health" will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. During this four-hour workshop, students will learn a proper way to fast, compassionate communication, three stress-relieving techniques and more. Cost is $50, which includes a healthy gourmet lunch. There is limited seating and advance registration required. To register, call 572-8371 or email
* A composting and vermicomposting workshop for beginners will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave. in Kahului. Students will learn how to compost yard clippings, kitchen waste and mixed paper. Cost is $10 per person. To register, call Wilma Nakamura at 573-3911 or visit www.joyofworms.com.
* Break Free from Stress! webinar will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday. This free interactive webinar will discuss the origins of stress and its effects on the body. Practical tools will be shared to help students handle stress more effectively, according to a news release. Advance registration is required by calling 243-6484.
* Tai Chi with Bob Carter will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Fridays and 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Unity Church of Maui Sanctuary, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Tai chi is meditation in motion, graceful in movement, slow in tempo and fluid in natural postures, according to a news release. Participants will learn to feel and move chi energy throughout their bodies. Cost is $5. For more information, visit www.spiritualwakeup.com.
* Maui Obedience Training Club is now accepting registrations for their fall classes beginning Tuesday. Each session begins at 5:30 p.m. Cost for the eight-lesson series is $50. For more information or to register, call David or Ruth at 572-0671.
* Traditional American Folk Dance classes will meet Monday and Sept. 10. Dance styles will include contra, square, line and mixers. Cost is $15 for this 12-week series. For more information or to register, call David or Ruth at 572-0671.