* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.0 (AP English)
* SPORTS: Wrestling, football, judo
Salvador “Jhun” Gayoma
* FAMILY: Raquel and Salvador Gayoma of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Scholar Athlete, Key Club, automobile repair
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying mechanical engi-neering at the University of Oregon or Washington State
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy the competitive-ness of playing against other schools, and the pride I gain playing for Maui High. Being an athlete has taught me self-discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship."