* Personal: Daughter of Beverlie Viloria Garo
* At School: Associated Student Body President, National Honor Society, Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) President, Youth Relay For Life General Chair, Aloha Club, Rotary InterAct Club, Hawaiiana Club
* Off Campus: Volunteer for Sacred Hearts Bazaar, Boys & Girls Club, Lahaina Plantation Days, Caregivers Walk, March of Dimes and Maui Youth Alliance, among others
Leslie Viloria Garo
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend the University of California at Davis and major in pre-medical
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero would be my mother, Beverlie Viloria Garo. Though she may not be a celebrity nor an Olympic medalist, she has accomplished an even more extraordinary feat: raising me as a single parent. Despite its extreme difficulties, she's done it with love, hope and courage. Her personal struggles have taught me to persist through my own trials and tribulations. Till this day, the values that she has instilled within me, shine so brightly in my own life."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.