To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Drumming for Health and Well-being with Nancy Friedrich will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Sept. 6, at Kaunoa Senior Center. Anyone interested must attend the first session. No musical experience is required. Participants are asked to bring any small percussion instruments they may have. Class is limited to those aged 55 and older. A minimum number of people must sign up in order to hold the class; early registration is encouraged. For more information or to register, call 270-7308. Cost is $20 for four classes.
* Maui Obedience Training Club is now accepting registrations for their fall classes beginning Sept. 4. Each session begins at 5:30 p.m. Cost for the eight-lesson series is $50. For more information or to register, call David or Ruth at 572-0671.
* Traditional American Folk Dance classes will meet Sept. 3 and 10. Dance styles will include contra, square, line and mixers. Cost is $15 for this 12-week series. For more information or to register, call David or Ruth at 572-0671.
* The Diamond Approach Hawaii: The Mystery of Being Love will meet from Friday to Sept. 2 at Hospice Maui's meeting room, 400 Mahalani St. in Wailuku. The Diamond Approach is a contemporary path of spiritual realization. It is designed for people who want to actualize their true spiritual potential while living fully in the world, according to a news release. Cost $210. For more information, call Karen Brewer at 276-6221 or email damauikaren@yahoo.
* Hawaii's Marine Naturalist Certification & Training with Hannah Bernard will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday at University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 107. This class is tailored for the tour-boat crew and naturalists, and offers an overview of some of Hawaii's protected marinelife, their basic biological needs, distribution and how to assist in their protection. Students may obtain a certification after meeting certain requirements. Ask registration for requirements. Bernard has worked as a marine biologist and ocean advocate for the past 29 years. Cost is $139. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
* Organic Vegetable Gardening with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network LLC will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Sacred Garden in Makawao. This session will cover tips for growing organic vegetables without chemicals, garden layout, healthy soils, seedlings nursery, transplanting, garden maintenance and control of insects, diseases and weeds. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call Gachuhi at 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Creating Healthy Soils For Healthy Plants with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network LLC will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kihei Community Center and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lahaina Civic Center. Participants will learn the about soil make-up and how to amend it to provide nutrients needed by plants to sustain healthy growth. This session discusses how to improve your soil, fertility and nutrition and how the plants respond. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call Gachuhi at 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Tai Chi with Bob Carter will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Fridays and 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Unity Church of Maui Sanctuary, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Tai chi is meditation in motion, graceful in movement, slow in tempo and fluid in natural postures, according to a news release. Participants will learn to feel and move chi energy throughout their bodies. Cost is $5. For more information, visit www.spiritualwakeup.com.
* Speak Hawaiian - Intermediate with Keli'i Taua will be from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesday through Oct. 2 at University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 105. This is the continuation of Taua's Speak Hawaiian For Beginners class, and focuses on developing fluency in speaking and listening. Students will learn appropriate phrases and expressions and increase topics to talk about in Hawaiian. Cost is $99. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
* Break Free from Stress! webinar will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 5. This free interactive webinar will discuss the origins of stress and its effects on the body. Practical tools will be shared to help students handle stress more effectively, according to a news release. Advance registration is required by calling 243-6484.
* Creating Edible Landscapes with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network, LLC will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui in Makawao. Participants will learn the design process for creating edible landscapes and the advantages and benefits of an edible landscapes. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call Gachuhi at 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.