To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Coaches Training Institute will offer its "Co-Active Coach Training" courses on Sept. 21 and 23 at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. The course will encompasses a philosophy, methodology, skill-set and communication form that balances self-awareness, relationship intelligence and courageous action. For more information or to register, call (800) 691-6008 or 875-0388, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecoaches.com.
* Hawaii's Marine Naturalist Certification & Training will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Aug. 27 at University of Hawaii at Maui College's Laulima 107. This class is tailored for the tour boat crew and naturalists, and offers an overview of some of Hawaii's protected marine life, their basic biological needs, distribution and how to assist in their protection. Students may obtain a certification after meeting certain requirements. Participants are encouraged to ask registration staff for requirements. Cost is $139. To register, call 984-3231.
* Hatha Yoga for Body Harmony & Strength with Becky Picher will be from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 9 at Laulima 105. Hatha Yoga emphasizes physical detail and focus, while incorporating asana (postures), pranayama (breathwork) and relaxation. Cost is $99. To register, call 984-3231.
* "Wire Wrapped Jewelry for Beginners" with Donna Brown will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Lahaina Ed Center Room 102. Learn basic wire wrapping techniques to design and make your own jewelry. This class will cover proper use of tools and materials. Students will learn about sizes, materials and hardness of different types of wire. Cost is $74. To register, call 984-3231.
* Kirtan Music and Meditation will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on the fourth Friday of the month through November at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St., Wailuku. This class includes responsive chanting with musical instruments, intended to merge participants into the silence of deep meditation. Cost is $5. For more information, call 242-0072.
* Learn to swim program in Kihei for children ages 3 to 10 will be taught by Janet Renner. Classes are on a first-come basis. A 45-minute class will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays; a 60-minute class will meet on Wednesdays. There are six levels to choose from. Cost is $90 per session for the twice weekly classes, and $60 per session for once a week classes. Reservations are required. To register, call 280-2756, email email@example.com or visit www.swimprojanet.com.
* Filipino 1 Tagalog class will be from 3 to 4:50 Mondays and Wednesdays during the fall semester at University of Hawaii Maui College's Heona I. This is a four-unit credit class. For more information, call Sydney Villegas at 205-7274 or 984-3306.
* Healthy Living workshop. The Office on Aging will sponsor the "Better Choices Better Health" workshop from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Sept. 26 at Kaunoa Senior Center, Room 101. This workshop will provide practical information, tools and support to people of all ages who wish to incorporate healthier habits into their lives, and help those living with chronic conditions to better manage their health. Cost is $10 for those 60 and older, and $35 for those younger than 60. Advance registration is required. For more information or to register, call Jan Roberson at 270-8221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "The Essence of Filmmaking" (Filmmaking 101), with Jonathan Yudis will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday in University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 225. Students will learn about the nuts and bolts of the filmmaking process, from concept to completion. Course participants will collaborate on the creation of a short video. Cost is $199. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
* "Starting Your Own Home Garden" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network, LLC will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui in Makawao. This session covers the basics of starting your own home garden and being able to grow your own vegetables using organic techniques and practices. Students will also learn the right selection of vegetables, creating healthy soils and more. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* "Plein Air Palette Knife Oil Painting" with George Allan will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 26 at the Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., Makawao. Cost is $235 ($294 nonmember). For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.