* Personal: Daughter of Jennifer Kantzabedian and Bryan Thompson of Kula
* At School: Student Body Co-President, Leo Club President, National Honor Society Historian, varsity tennis team captain, Maui District Student Council Organization, Advancement Via Individual determination (AVID) tutor
* Off Campus: International Karate League member and United States Tennis Association member
* Beyond High School: Study psychology at a Mainland college, preferrably on the East Coast
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero would have to be my little brother, Shayne. If it was not for my brother, I would not be the person I am today. He is the reason I strive to be the greatest I can be. I aim to be the perfect role model for my brother so that he can grow up to reach his full potential. Shayne has been through many obstacles in his life, but has never once given up. He serves as an inspiration for me every day because if a 12-year-old can keep perservering, then so can I."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.