* St. Anthony High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 4.1 (AP environ-mental science, American literature, calculus)
* SPORTS: Paddling, softball, cross country
Ema Reid Smith
* FAMILY: Paul and Cristina Smith of Wailuku
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, Science Club and Science Olympiad, Spirit Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, photography
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying environmental sciences at Point Loma Nazarene
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I think being an athlete has taught me discipline and balance. I like being active, but I also want my free time. I've learned time management is extremely important and that even time at the beach has to be scheduled."