* Personal: Age 18; daughter of Dominador and Judy Giron of Kahului; enjoys spending quality time with friends and family, trying new things, taking her dog to the beach or park, watching Kdramas and cooking.
* At School: Member of the Key Club and bowling and judo teams and on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Member of Valley Isle Fellowship, participated in 5K Day of Hope and 5K Christmas Run, works at Kumon, job shadows at Maui Medical Group.
* Beyond High School: To become a pediatrician, move back to Maui and take trips every year to someplace new.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My mom is my personal hero for an infinite number of reasons. She cares so much for my siblings and me to the point where all four of us come first before herself. Although she and I have gone through tough obstacles, her love for me always remains strong. There are times when life gets overly stressful, but she's always able to cheer me up by helping me see the bright side. My mom has shaped my life and who I am today with only the best hopes for me in mind. I am so thankful to have her, and I love her so much."