* Personal: Age 15; son of Ken and Vanessa Gonzales of Manae, Molokai; enjoys fishing, hunting and reading.
* At School: Sophomore class sergeant-at-arms; member of Future Farmers of America and the volleyball and football teams; top-ranked student in class with 4.0 cumulative grade-point average.
* Off Campus: Involved in forest and wharf cleanups and with the food bank.
* Beyond High School: Plans to study natural resource conservation and biology and to work for National Park Service.
* What would you do to improve education in Hawaii? "To improve education, I would encourage more students to play sports, because I have noticed that students who play sports set goals for themselves and get good grades, because they have something to work hard for. I would offer incentives for students who get good grades, like school dances and parties."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.