* King Kekaulike High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 4.0 (AP psychology, statistics)
* SPORT: Volleyball
* FAMILY: John Eddins of Kula, Lucinda Vaughen of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Beach volleyball, surfing, coaching volleyball
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying engineering and business in college
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me about sacrifice, facing adversity and being a leader. I enjoy the chance to challenge myself and work hard every day. I enjoy creating team chemistry and the struggle toward success."