* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.8 (AP calculus, English)
* SPORTS: Baseball
* FAMILY: Ron and Tammy Sanches of Lanai City
* ACTIVITIES: L-Club, hunting, Lanai Youth Center board member
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying environmental engineering or environmental science at Hawaii-Manoa, Hawaii-Hilo or Hawaii Pacific
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me discipline, commitment, respect, teamwork, never to give up and to push myself to my fullest potential."