* Personal: Age 17; son of Jocelyn and Robert Collier Jr. of Kaunakakai and RJ and Marybeth Lightfoot of Kansas City, Mo.; enjoys wrestling, baseball, going to the beach and surfing.
* At School: Member of the American Sign Language Club.
* Off Campus: Community service activities with the Molokai Baptist Church.
Tyler M.K. Lightfoot-Lani
* Beyond High School: My goal is to go to college to become a teacher to help the deaf community in schools.
* What do you do to improve education in Hawaii?
"After I graduate from high school, I hope to get an education where I can teach others in the deaf community. Right now, I'm trying to start a sign language club in my high school to teach others how to sign so we can communicate more easily."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.