* Personal: Age 17; son of Alan and Judy Harris of Kihei; enjoys hiking, camping, going to the beach and traveling.
* At School: Student Body vice president; Spanish tutoring; member of the Rotary/Interact and Math clubs; captain of the soccer and tennis teams; on the Headmaster's List.
* Off Campus: Member of the Maui United Soccer Club and a cook at the homeless shelter.
* Beyond High School: Plans to study biomedical science with a goal of going to medical school and to play college soccer.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is anyone who does what they are truly interested in and has fun with it. These people often do not drive fancy cars and might occasionally go out for an expensive dinner, but what they are more concerned with at the end of the day is that they made a positive impact on their community through the pursuit of their own fascination. Fortunately, I've found many of my teachers at school who fit this description, which is why they serve as some of the most important and highly regarded people in my life."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.