* Personal: Age 17; son of Nick and Mariden Manzanillo of Kahului; enjoys spending time with family and friends, listening to music, singing, reading, relaxing and sleeping.
* At School: National Honor Society historian, member of the English Language Learners club, Pacific and Asian Affairs Council, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA); History Day, second place-district level; HOSA, first place in nationals, state and district for medical terminology; selected for the Comprehensive School Health Calendar Contest; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Volunteer with Hale Makua and Maui Arts & Cultural Center and member of the Christ the King Youth Ministry and Choir.
Dwayne Karlo S. Manzanillo
* Beyond High School: Wants to pursue a degree in nursing or pediatric medicine at the University of Hawaii Maui College and the University of Hawaii-Manoa.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal heroes are my parents. Words will never be able to do justice in describing the love my parents have shown me. They have been very supportive of my dreams to reach my highest potential and succeed in life. I am greatly inspired by their dedication and love for our family as well as their diligent work ethic. The hardships and sacrifices of my parents will serve as my inspiration for success. To my parents, thank you for being the best parents. Without your love and guidance, I would not be the person I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.