To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed on the Sunday before their start dates; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Taoist longevity breathing and integration. Kurt Miyajima will lead a course focusing on the health benefits of conscious breathing from 5 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, this week through Oct. 26 at the Maui School of Therapeutic Massage, 1043 Makawao Ave., No. 207. Cost is $69 plus tax. Call 572-2277 to register.
* Bagua circle walking class. Kurt Miyajima will lead a class in this Taoist circle walking meditation practice from 5:45 to 7 p.m. for four Thursdays, beginning this week through Oct. 27 in Kula. Cost is $80. Call 268-9622.
* Yoga for people with cancer experience. Pam Kamoku of Ease in Motion will teach this movement practice to help speed natural healing by enhancing communication between the nervous center and the rest of the body. The class will meet from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. for seven Saturdays, Oct. 15 through Nov. 26, at Kahului Community Yoga, 283 Lalo St. Cost is $60 plus tax. Registration by Friday will ensure a spot. Call 357-6242, visit www.easeinmotion.com or email pam@easeinmotion. com to preregister.
* Dog training. An eight-week dog training class begins Tuesday. Classes will meet from 5 to 6 p.m. For more information about location or to register, call 572-0671.
* Piano and composition lessons. Kate Moody is teaching classical musical technique and creative expression Upcountry and in Kahului. The teaching is for children and adult students at all levels. Email email@example.com or call 226-2876.
* Power-Up Walking Class. Kaiser Permanente is offering this class to get more out of your walking routine from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at War Memorial Stadium in Wailuku. Participants do not need to be Kaiser members. Cost is $7; preregistration required. Call 270-7308.
* Parental sex development class. Kaiser Permanente is offering a free parenting class called "Growing Bodies & Sexual Development -How to talk to your Kids" from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Maui Lani Clinic. To register call 242-1608 (Good Beginnings).
* YMCA fitness offerings. Maui Family YMCA holds a weekly 30-minute lunch walk at noon every Friday. Walkers meet inside the YMCA and the walk begins promptly at noon, weather permitting. It is free and open to the community. The YMCA is also offering a six-week weight management class with Michell McMurtery, RD, for six Thursdays, this week through Nov. 17. Cost is $40 for nonmembers. Call 242-9007 ext. 231
* Composting and vermicomposting classes. Sharing Aloha presents this monthly class for beginners and those needing a refresher course in "how to make 'dirt' " from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave. in Kahului. Cost is $10. For a map and directions go to joyofworms.com. Call 573-3911.
* Ballroom dancing series. The Aloha Ballroom Dance Academy directed by Rita O'Connor will host registration Wednesday for the October-to-December series featuring bachata and salsa, slow waltz and quickstep. The evening includes a potluck, social dance and a free dance lesson. O'Connor will instruct from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays in Kihei. Cost is $50 with a 20 percent discount if registered by Wednesday. Classes begin Oct. 12. Visit www.AlohaBallroom.com or call 879-0055.