* Personal: Age 16; son of Robyn and Eugenia Kim of Kahului; loves being active and believes that his high school activities are shaping him to be a man; each activity holds a special place in his heart, whether it is reading the Bible or hanging out with family and friends; favorite thing is coming home and laying his 'elemu down on the couch and relaxing with family.
* At School: Associated Students of Kamehameha Schools student body president, cross country captain, OMG (Oh My Globe) nature awareness club vice president, alumni events chairman, member of National Honor Society and Deputation, varsity paddling and varsity volleyball teams.
* Off Campus: Grace Bible youth group Genext and Na Kai 'Ewalu Canoe Club member; Habitat for Humanity and Stomp Out Hunger volunteer; Rotary Youth Leadership Awards and Hana Relays participant; hula; and child care for parents attending Bible study.
Christopher Keala Onaona O Napua Kim
* Beyond High School: Inspired by Disney, his goal is to become an imagineer.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "A hero is a person's inspiration or the one you count on when you have no one else; a superman. As a child, he was my protector. He vanquished the ghouls that lurked in the night. He shielded me from what I could not handle. He was the man I wanted to become when I grew up. Now, as I am maturing into adulthood, he is preparing me to be a man. He is preparing me for life. He is preparing me to stand on my own. He is my dad."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.