* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Donna and Eric Pico of Makawao; enjoys playing acoustic guitar, writing music, listening to country music and spending time with family.
* At School: Student Body president, Action Team captain, member of National Honor Society and Spirit, Key, Interact and Photography clubs, music ministry, symphonic band and LIFE Team (Living in Faith Experience); on the Principal's List and taking Advanced Placement courses.
* Off Campus: St. Joseph Church and Camp Imua volunteer and member of the Maui District Student Council Organization and Rotary Youth Leadership Award.
* Beyond High School: Her short-term goals are to focus on this academic year and make extra money to help pay for college. Her long-term goal is to go to school on the West Coast and earn a degree in civil engineering.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My parents and grandparents are my personal heroes. Ever since I was young, they have pushed me to be the best that I can be. They have all gone through so much in their lives and have advised me about challenges that I may encounter while encouraging me to fulfill my dreams. Without my parents and grandparents in my life, I would not be anywhere near where I am today. They are strong, courageous, supporting and loving people, and I would not trade them for the world. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.