* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Steven and Charlaine Amine of Lahaina; enjoys spending time with family and friends, singing, dancing, reading and relaxing.
* At School: Associated Student Body president, Hawaii State Student Council Maui representative, Junior Prom Queen and co-chairperson, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism president, Pacific Asian Affairs Council president, School Community Council student representative, Japanese Club historian, freshman class president, 4th-grade math tutor and member of Kokua Krew, DECA and robotics club.
* Off Campus: Employed at Lahaina Kumon, intern at Royal Lahaina Resort, member of the Lahaina Filipino Catholic Club, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, Maria Lanakila youth ministry and church lector and volunteer with Plantation Days, Sacred Hearts Bazaar, annual Rally for America, Stomp Out Hunger and American Cancer Society Relay For Life.
* Beyond High School: Her short-term goal is to attend a university and double major in business administration and travel industry management. She also would like to earn a master's degree in business administration. Her long-term goal is to return to Maui, get into hotel management and be happy.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "I have been blessed with not one, but two great heroes: my parents Steven and Charlaine Amine. They have instilled in me from the start that hard work is the key to success. Without their continuous love and support, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Their guidance has taught me to never give up and that you can achieve so much with your heart. My parents are the greatest influences in my life, and they don't need a big 'S' on their chests or a Batmobile to prove it. Thanks mom and dad!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.