* Maui High School Grade 12
* GPA: 3.6 (AP world history, English, macroeconomics, microeconomics)
* SPORTS: Judo, wrestling, football
* FAMILY: John and Jeannie Kitagawa of Kahului
* ACTIVITIES: DECA, surfing, bodyboarding, hiking
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying sports medicine at the University of Hawaii
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me to be self-disciplined and responsible. Sports has also taught me the value of teamwork and how important it is when achieving my goals."