* Kamehameha Schools Maui / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.0
* SPORTS: Football, canoe paddling, track and field
* FAMILY: Roger and Cissy Bright of Kula
* ACTIVITIES: Portuguese Club, Hui o ke kaa, volunteering at Kula Hospital, travel, attending sporting events on the Mainland, bodyboarding
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying engineering at Mesa State College
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I like the competition and challenge - pushing yourself beyond what you thought you could do. Being an athlete has taught me commitment, dedication and perseverance."