* Personal: Age 17; son of Johnny and Praxedes Victoria Casinas, of Kahului; enjoys reading, relaxing, drawing, anime, music, Pokemon games and learning new things.
* At School: National Honor Society secretary, Japanese Club, Math League, Inspiring New Knowledge tutoring, Honor Roll, Advance Placement classes, Counselor Center assistant, Advance Via Individual Determination Program.
* Off Campus: Assemblies of the First Born Maui Mission Youth vice president, National Society of High School Scholars.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a four-year university and major in pre-physical therapy. After college, he plans to return to Maui and use what he's learned to benefit the community.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My heroes are none other than my supportive parents. They have taught me many valuable lessons and have always been my inspiration. Their humbleness, diligence and the sacrifices they have made have shaped who I am today. They have experienced the ups and downs of life and always found a way to overcome the hardships they faced. They have supported the decisions I have made in my life. I have learned the meaning of perseverance and persistence from them. I truly appreciate their love and support."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.