* Personal: Age 17; son of Robert and Jodie-Ann Krueger of Wailuku; enjoys singing, hula, volleyball, piano, business and student leadership.
* At School: Principal's List, Hawaiian Ensemble Music coordinator, Health Occupation Students of America, peer mediation, Environmental Club, Spirit Club, Teens Under Construction, worship team, paddling, volleyball.
* Off Campus: Eagle Scout, Master Hula o na Keiki 2010, Na Leo Lani o Maui, halau hula Kauiuokala, Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership, Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity, Kokua Japan.
Ezra Kaui Kaleonahenaheonalani Naka‘ahiki Krueger
* Beyond High School: Plans on attending Brigham Young University Hawaii and major in marketing with a minor in music.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My mother, Jodie-Ann Kanoeonalani Kekauoha Krueger is my hero, my support and my best friend. She inspires me to be the best I can be within every aspect of my life. She recently fought a battle with cancer, and walked away triumphant. Although she struggled through her treatment, she continued to be my source of strength and never forgot to instill essential life lessons within me. Even today, as I prepare to enter adulthood she stays right by my side, reminding me that I will always be her little 'pumpkin.' I am who I am because of my amazing mother."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.