* Personal: Age 17; son of Emmanuel and Mariza Corre, of Lanai City; enjoys world cultures, world languages, traveling and politics.
* At School: Academic Excellence Award, Health Occupations Students of America, Pacific and Asian Affairs Council.
* Off Campus: Focus Maui Nui Youth Alliance.
* Beyond High School: Wants to go to a four-year university and major in biology. Would like to attend medical school and become a physician.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"I think that the biggest problem facing our youth today is our lack of awareness of current social issues. Many of our youth have little to no idea of what's going on in our country or in the world. When our youth enter the world, unaware of the issues plaguing our country, nothing will be solved. People will remain ignorant. I think that the youth should take the time to watch the news, even just a little bit."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.