* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Stanley and Emity Thomas of Kahului; enjoys playing sports, taking a long jog around the park and volunteering at church.
* At School: Volleyball, discipleship at Family Life Center, honor roll.
* Off Campus: First Assembly of God Church member and volunteer with children's ministry, volleyball, community service projects, Family Life Center volunteer.
* Beyond High School: Enrolling at Texas Christian University with a major in nursing. After college, plans on enlisting in the Army to serve as a nurse.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today? "The biggest problem the youths are facing today is mainly peer pressure or trying to fit in. I see my little cousin changing her looks and attitude, just to be like her friends. I've seen kids trying to push themselves to get attention from their friends. . . . I hate how some bright youths end up choosing the wrong road and making excuses . . . . But I respect them and their decisions because that's their way of learning from their mistakes."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.