* Personal: Age 17; son of Chris and Sherrie Stinger of Kihei; enjoys sports, going to the beach, cruising with friends.
* At School: National Honor Society, Interact Club, Poetry Club, student government, honor roll, baseball, basketball, soccer, football, Maui District Student Council Organization, Relay For Life team captain.
* Off Campus: Volunteers at Kihei Little League concession stand; participates in beach and land cleanups; tutors at Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center.
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal is to place in the top 10 of his class and play four varsity sports in his senior year. Long-term goal is to attend a four-year university and major in accounting and/or business marketing.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today? "A major problem I think teenagers face these days is stress; stress from family, friends, school, sports and stress you put on yourself. One stress factor is to get good grades so you can go to college and have a good life. Stress is a natural thing, and the way you react to it will determine how successful you will be."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.