* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.4 (AP English)
* SPORTS: Paddling, tennis
* FAMILY: Alvaro and Neda Cabanting of Lanai City
* ACTIVITIES: Letterman's Club, class president, DECA
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying broadcast journalism at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy the fact that being an athlete keeps me active and healthy, plus it gives me a chance to make new friends. Rather than just sitting on the couch doing nothing, I have the opportunity to represent my school."