* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Aileen and Arthur Helekahi of Hana; enjoys hula, swimming, spending time with family.
* At School: National Honor Society, softball, basketball, paddling, soccer, senior class president.
* Off Campus: Community volleyball, baseball and basketball; volunteer at Dialysis Thrift Shop, Kamehameha Preschool, Hana Relay and Hana Youth Center; dances with the Noenoe Maidens halau and Kawaipapa Ohana halau; community fundraising food concessions volunteer and organizer.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a two- or four-year college in Hilo and major in Hawaiian studies and culinary arts. Become a pastry chef with a bakery called Miracle's Happen.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal heroes are my parents because they both worked very hard to get me to where I am today. They helped me get through many difficult obstacles that were keeping me from reaching my goals. They have always supported me in school and especially in sports like when I needed someone to work in a concession, to help with fundraisers and to cheer me on during my games. If it weren't for them, I have no idea where I would be today. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.