* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Thomas and Aulani Perryman of Wailuku; enjoys spending time with family and friends, laughing, eating, tennis and school musicals.
* At School: Honor roll, National Honor Society, Drama Club, Japanese Club, Teens Under Construction, after- school peer tutor, tennis team captain.
* Off Campus: Pacific Primate Sanctuary volunteer, Operation Shoebox coordinator, Relay For Life volunteer, All-State Honor Choir.
Katelyn “Katie” Keaulani Eldredge Perryman
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend the University of Kansas to study pre-veterinary medicine in hopes of becoming a veterinarian.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"I cannot say that I have a personal hero because there are so many people in my life who have greatly affected the person I am today. My family is my hero. They are my strength and love in every way, and I cannot thank them enough. My parents especially have taught me the power of family, culture and dreams, and just how much you can achieve with your heart. Thank you so much, Mom and Dad, for the love, discipline and guidance that've made me who I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.