* Personal: Age 18; daughter of Diane and Robert of Hoolehua, Molokai; enjoys dancing hula, going to the beach, being with friends.
* At School: Molokai Earth Preservation Organization, Ke Alahual Program, air rifle, Leadership Experience Opportunity, student body vice president, Native Hawaiian Scholars Program.
* Off Campus: Moana's Hula Halau, Earth Day, Read Aloud Program, AmeriCorps.
* Beyond High School: Would like to attend a major four-year college on the West Coast and major in business.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"The lack of motivation and confidence to make something of themselves. I know that every single individual can achieve a greater goal if they have the desire and try. Every student has the potential to go to college, get a high school diploma, GED, etc. There are so many opportunities available to youth today that we just need to remember that we can do it. We can make our dreams a reality if we just push ourselves a little harder every day. We need to believe and act."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.