* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Edna Romero and Ernesto Sablay of Lahaina; enjoys going to the beach, dancing, traveling, shopping, hanging out with friends and family.
* At School: Associated Student Body vice president, vice president for Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, Health Occupations Students of America, Passion for Fashion, Club Fair chairwoman, 4th-grade tutoring, Kokua Krew, Rally for America, Japanese Club, Homecoming Committee, Maui Charity Walk.
* Off Campus: Maria Lanakila Church youth ministry, Lahaina beach cleanup, Taste of Lahaina volunteer, American Cancer Society Relay for Life participant, Maui Marathon, Lahaina Filipino Catholic Club, homeless shelter volunteer, Sacred Hearts School bazaar volunteer.
ErikaJune Romero Sablay
* Beyond High School: Attend Rutgers University in Newark, N.J., and major in biological sciences. Pursue a career as a forsenic scientist while living in New York.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My mom. She has always inspired me to pursue any dream I set for myself. Not only is she my hero, but also my role model. I watch her work so hard just to make sure that I have a good life and a successful future. She has taught me to be a better person and to know that anything and everything is possible! If it weren't for my mom, I wouldn't be the person I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.