* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Joe and Miki Kapisi of Pukalani; enjoys drawing, painting, reading, hanging out with family and friends, hiking, going to the beach, playing sports, training, photography and ceramics.
* At School: National Honor Society, Interact Club, National Ocean Science Bowl team, Pacific and Asian Affairs Council, varsity volleyball, varsity soccer, Athletic Leadership Group and honor roll.
* Off Campus: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (young women and seminary programs), and Manuia O Maui Soccer Club and Hawaiian Style Volleyball Club member.
Kelsey “Sala” Kapisi
* Beyond High School: Attend Brigham Young University in Utah, possibily majoring in economics and/or art.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"One of the biggest problems youths face today is their selfishness. They often forget that they have been provided with invaluable opportunities and, instead of using their position to gain a good education and become contributing members in their communities, many of them squander these privileges by making poor choices to satisfy their self-centered desires. I feel that if my generation truly understood how blessed they are, they would want to serve those around them and would make better decisions, which would ensure a much brighter future for our entire society. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.