* Personal: Age 17; son of Kim Ball of Lahaina and Gloreen Loper of Kahana; enjoys stand-up paddling, cleaning house, rapping and freestyling.
* At School: Senior Leadership Team, student council, National Honor Society, Distributive Education Clubs of America, Homecoming 2009 chairman, Rotary Club, Relay For Life participant, morning announcer at school, varsity football team, wrestling team.
* Off Campus: Kumulani Chapel and Young Life Club member, Napili Surfriders youth wrestling coach, Habitat for Humanity volunteer, 4th-grade math tutor, Lahaina beach cleanup participant, Lahaina highway cleanup participant.
* Beyond High School: Attend a university in the Midwest and pursue a medical career.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal hero is my brother, Bailey Ball. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, he always does the right thing. He has shown me how to be humble and respect everyone. He taught me to be courageous and to have a sense of humor. I constantly find myself trying to follow his footsteps, whether it's in sports or academics. Ever since I was a young boy, I've always wanted to be like him. I love both of my brothers, Bailey and Cody, very much."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.