* Personal: Age 18; son of Mike and Danni Komatsu of Kahului, enjoys Jewish folk dancing, theater, learning and trying to live by the Bible, composing hip-hop beats.
* At School: Drama Club, International Thespian Society, Bear Believers and Video Club (weatherman).
* Off Campus: Kahului Baptist Church youth group, choir and outreach committee, Community Work Day, Cop on Top.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend Maui Community College to complete general education, then may go on to pursue a career in nursing.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My biggest hero is Jesus Christ. Jesus is capable of forgetting and forgiving me of all the bad things I have done and will do. His love for me is so great that He even died to ensure that I may live. The absolute best thing about my hero is that He can be yours too. Without Jesus, I would be nothing more than a lost soul trying to find satisfaction in a world that would leave me thirsty. Jesus Christ saved my life, and if you let Him, He can save yours too. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.