* Personal: Age 18; daughter of Cindy and Juan Dawson of Makawao; enjoys hiking or anything in nature, traveling, reading National Geographic, doing community service, hanging out with friends and family, watching sports, keeping up with current events, doing arts and crafts.
* At School: Peace, Drama and Eco Action club member; Forensics Club treasurer; Key Club social head; student council; senior class president; tutor for AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination).
* Off Campus: Maui Memorial Medical Center volunteer during her freshman and sophomore years; member of the Wilderness Society; learned salsa, East Coast swing and waltz at that Aloha Ballroom Dance Academy; did tap-dancing with Maui Academy of Performing Arts.
Caileigh Renee Barlow
* Beyond High School: Plans to earn a master's degree in anthropology and archaeology; after that, would like to work for National Geographic and join the Peace Corps "so I can lend a hand in developing countries."
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"A personal hero, someone who has greatly influenced me, is Angelina Jolie. Many people would assume that I picked her because of her status in Hollywood. It's quite the contrary. I pick Angelina Jolie because she had been passionate about making a difference and having her voice heard since she was a child. Since then, she has taken it upon herself to use her fame for good. She is a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations, a voice for the impoverished and a mother to so many that were underprivileged. I aspire to follow in her footsteps."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.