Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Vac Rental | E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 
Vote ‘no’ on moratorium and save papaya on Maui

October 23, 2014 Four years ago, I joined a group to save the cultivation of Maui Gold pineapple and now we need your “no” vote to save papaya on Maui. more »»

Monsanto has options other than to fire workers

October 23, 2014 Recent ads from pro-Monsanto/anti-temporary genetically modified organism moratorium groups saying that Monsanto is threatening to lay off their workers if it passes are saddening. more »»

Why do our politicians allow chemical pollution?

October 23, 2014 All life-forms have a God-given right to clean water, air and food. more »»

Find culprits responsible for anti-GMO graffiti

October 23, 2014 Who’s responsible for the “Stop Monsanto” anti-genetically modified organism graffiti on the Waiale Bridge, on Crater Road? Jason B. more »»

Anti-GMO initiative comes with a lot of negatives

October 23, 2014 I don’t understand why people are trying to pass an initiative banning genetically modified organisms. more »»

Bigger issue with GMOs is world population growth

October 23, 2014 Genetically modified organisms increase plant growth to feed population growth, which creates economic growth. more »»

Passing moratorium would create numerous problems

October 23, 2014 Here is a list of what the initiative calling for a moratorium on genetic engineering in Maui County would do, should it pass: * The SHAKA Movement would celebrate a victory. more »»

Safety of GMOs, chemicals has not been shown

October 23, 2014 As a medical doctor trained in public health, I’ve been alerted by the American Academy of Environmental Medicine to advise my patients to avoid genetically modified organism foods — which have... more »»

MECO’s rate proposal would minimize cost shifting

October 23, 2014 As a full-service customer of Maui Electric Co. (no solar photovoltaic system), I would like to respond to the Oct. 13 letter, “MECO’s plan would unfairly penalize PV customers. more »»

Vote ‘yes’ for the safety of humanity and planet

October 23, 2014 To vote “yes” for a moratorium on genetically modified organism testing and chemical spraying until they are proved safe is not a vote only for Hawaiian soil, air and water — it is for the health of... more »»

Vote for a change of direction in Maui politics

October 22, 2014 Maui is desperately in need of a change of direction and not same old, same old politics and inaction. We need fresh idea. more »»

Don’t bite the hands of Maui farmers; vote ‘no’

October 22, 2014 Having been a Maui farmer for 40 years, I have taken a keen interest in the ongoing debate over banning genetically modified organism crops, pesticides and making criminals out of us who use them. more »»

Food labeling needed but a ban on farming is not

October 22, 2014 It’s great, this country we live in. A place where citizens can ban together and make changes. Stopping slavery, Equal Rights Amendment, even getting rid of a president that was breaking the law. more »»

White, Aiona, Cavasso all put we the people first

October 22, 2014 On Nov. 4, I am voting for Mike White, Duke Aiona and Cam Cavasso. White deserves to be re-elected. He is the people’s advocate on the Maui County Council. more »»

Pass moratorium and let real discussions begin

October 22, 2014 My neighbor, a scientist, has only one bumper sticker: “Millions Against Monsant. more »»

Anti-GMO movement’s aim is to shut down Monsanto

October 22, 2014 The anti-genetically modified organism movement gives us good reason why we should vote “no” on the Maui County anti-farming/anti-GMO ballot initiative. more »»

GMO farming is needed in order to feed the world

October 22, 2014 The anti-genetically modified organism, anti-pesticide, anti-farming witch hunt needs to stop. Today, 1 percent of our population grows the food for the other 99 percent. more »»

Rep. Souki’s street is proof he seeks no favors

October 22, 2014 Hats off to Rep. Joe Souki. Joe has brought hundreds of millions of dollars to Maui but has not asked for any favors. He has one of the worst streets on the island going to his house. more »»

Mike White serves with honesty, courage, wisdom

October 22, 2014 Through his courageous effort, I witnessed him doing what is only right and fair for Maui nei. We call it wiwo‘ole (brave, courageous). more »»

GMO technology proving to be valuable in medicine

October 22, 2014 I watched a TV program on Ebola recently (www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/health/ebola-tobacco-plant). One segment showed a scientist using tobacco plants in his lab to produce an Ebola vaccine. more »»

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web