Calling out the gun nuts

May 21, 2014 - Harry Eagar
RtO's position is that gun nuts are cowards, afraid to go unarmed in places where even little old ladies do. But I did not say it as trenchantly as Flock the NRA. See illustration

May-29-14 1:24 AM

May-22-14 10:53 PM "Why aren't we protesting about background checks for propane purchases? Why should convicted felons be allowed to cook for their families using propane? It is too dangerous!

I want to feel safe! I want to be secure! I want the government to protect me from imaginary threats! Ban propane!" bkaahui

Sounding of a propane nut.

May-29-14 12:15 AM

"Cowards carry guns. I don't.

Police are not gun nuts. Seems those with PTSD are." I said.

Seems Bronson Kaahui left out much of comment to its own use. Stating I am not a coward and I don't carry a gun or the need to. Telling half the story is what the genious does.

bkaahui

May-28-14 10:31 PM

"Cowards carry guns." -OneAikea

Is there any confusion here Harry? He did in fact say that.

May-25-14 12:02 AM

"Are the police cowards too Harry? Why do the need guns?" bkaahui

Connect the dots. Even me a third grader can. bkaahui is refering to me as "he". I enjoy this. As I say this is entertainment and as The Editor writes, "Editorials reflect the opinion of the publisher"

May-24-14 9:21 PM

I don't know who this "he" is, bkaahui.

Not me, I didn't say only cowards carry guns. Not the man (or woman) who created the graphic, that fingered the Open Carry organization. Not OneAikea.

Whom do you mean?

May-24-14 9:07 PM

"Shooting Near UC Santa Barbara Leaves 7 Dead, Including Gunman"

He was a coward to do the crime and then shoot himself.

May-24-14 4:55 PM

Gibberish to a genious

May-24-14 4:54 PM

Fact opinionated: "Are the police cowards too Harry? Why do the need guns?"" bkaahui

Like anyone thinking libertarian or from the right, they think they are right.

"A = B A = C Therefore... B = C" bkaahui

Therefore Soldiers carry guns assuming Policeman are cowards, soldiers equal cowards. bkaahui stated in first comment "Are the police cowards too Harry? Why do the need guns?" I said Bobbies in England don't carry guns. Irelevant, right Bill O'really? Relevant only when you state opinions that you consider facts and other opinions. Gibberish? I doubt you understand gibberish and it is a second language to you. Run for office and if you lose, I will be there but I won't say a word. Don't need to someone who has no honor.

bkaahui

May-24-14 2:24 AM

Harry no I didn't, his premise is that only cowards carry guns. I simply observed that police officers carry guns. If only cowards carry guns, and police officers carry guns, then logically he is saying that police officers are cowards.

Of course, he could fix this obvious hole in his logic by making exceptions. But then that would require him to acknowledge that not all people who carry guns are cowards, which would defeat his argument.

And everything else he said is basically in left field and completely irrelevant.

May-23-14 9:42 PM

I have 12 hours to go with my filibuster.

May-23-14 9:20 PM

President Obama is considered by the right as a coward. Striving for Peace is not an act of a coward and since winning the Nobel Peace Prize is expected to contribute to World Peace. President Bush did not win any award for Peace since creating a Political war. Not carrying a gun, President Obama is not a coward.

May-23-14 9:18 PM

Even Einstein who is a genius and not a genious is capable of only making Assumptions and Approximations. Theory of Relativity is just an assumption and approximation till proven to be facts. Even now being proven that E=mc2 is just a theory and may be proven wrong. Einstein had no computer.

May-23-14 9:15 PM

bkaahui, you misstated the Major Premise, therefore your syllogism is invalid.

OneAikea is on track.

May-23-14 9:13 PM

Then bkaahui is a coward since soldiers carried guns. Soldiers like Police Officer enforce the Laws. The logic is contradicted by a genious. Afraid of propane?

"A = B A = C Therefore... B = C" bkaahui

"The roots of algebra can be traced to the ancient Babylonians,[5] who developed an advanced arithmetical system with which they were able to do calculations in an algorithmic fashion. The Babylonians developed formulas to calculate solutions for problems typically solved today by using linear equations, quadratic equations, and indeterminate linear equations." Wikipedia.

Babylonians are now known as Iranians.

bkaahui

May-23-14 8:49 PM

Failure in logic.

"Cowards carry guns." "Police carry guns." "Therefore..."

Do you understand what logic is, or am I moving to quickly for you? Let me try it this way:

A = B A = C Therefore... B = C

If you say that only cowards carry guns, and you acknowledge that police carry guns, logically you are saying that police are cowards. Care to revise your argument?

May-22-14 10:53 PM

I am not afraid of propane. You contradict by saying you don't need government.

May-22-14 10:50 PM

Cowards carry guns. I don't.

Police are not gun nuts. Seems those with PTSD are.

bkaahui

May-22-14 9:17 PM

If I'm the coward, why are you the one who refuses to identify himself or meet in public? Afraid to be exposed as the coward that you are?

May-22-14 8:18 PM

"There are too many people in our society who believe that they have a right to tell others how to live their lives. Invariably, they use abstract concepts like 'harm to society' in order to justify their control and regulation," he said."

Don't tell me what to do, either. Candidates should take drug tests.

bkaahui

May-22-14 3:56 PM

Are the police cowards too Harry? Why do the need guns?