| || |
2013 holiday craft fair season
November 18, 2013 - Leah Sherman
In my mind, the holiday craft fair season kicked off Saturday with the Christ the King Bazaar, St. Joseph Christmas Craft Fair and the Christmas Gift Fair at Calvary Chapel South Maui. Personally, I enjoy see the talents of local crafters and artists, and I like the idea that buying gifts at the fairs generally means that my money goes to fellow Mauians.
I think my love for craft fairs is well documented at this point, so no need for me to go on and on.
The Maui News published a lovely (I'm totally biased) holiday craft fair guide on Oct. 20. Hopefully some people held on to a copy and know what is coming up and when. If not, I'm happy to offer a summary, with two important changes: the correct dates for the Launiupoko Christmas House and Ag Fair are Nov. 22, 23 and 24; and, despite originally planning to forego its annual event, Maui's Sons and Daughters of the Nisei Veterans will hold “Holiday Fair 2013” on Dec. 8.
Upcoming craft fairs (some charge admission):
• 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 22, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Nov. 23, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 24, Launiupoko Christmas House and Ag Fair, 75 Wailau Place.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 23, Kula School Harvest Festival, Kula Elementary School.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 23, King's Cathedral Christmas Craft Fair, 777 Mokulele Highway, Kahului.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 24, Christmas Craft Fair, sponsored by HouseMart Ben Franklin, third level of the Queen Ka‘ahumanu Center parking garage.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 24, Maui Stampers Christmas Craft Fair, Kahului Masonic Lodge, 190 W. Kamehameha Ave.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 24, Holiday in Kihei, sponsored by Maui Exposition Inc., Kihei Community Center, 303 E. Lipoa St.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 25 to Dec. 24, Hui Holidays, Hui No‘eau Visual Arts Center, 2842 Baldwin Ave., Makawao.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays, Nov. 29 to Jan. 1, Holiday It's a Maui Christmas, Maui Feather Lei, 58 Central Ave., Wailuku.
• 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 30, Annual Holiday Sale, 214 Mahie Place (back entrance on Kilohana Drive at garden gate entrance), Kihei.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 30, Maui Mompreneur Holiday Showcase, Maui Beach Hotel, Elleair Ballroom.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 30, E Ho‘oula Aloha Concert for Bailey House Museum, 2375A Main St., Wailuku.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 30, Dec, 2, 7, 8, 14, 15 and 21, Fresh Christmas Tree and Holiday Gift Sale, UpCountry Farm Specialties, 51 Calasa Road, Kula.
• 2 to 6 p.m. Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22, Upcountry Christmas Open House, Kula Marketplace, 15200 Haleakala Highway.
• 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 5., First Night, Hui No‘eau Visual Arts Center, 2842 Baldwin Ave., Makawao.
• 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7, A Friends & Family Craft Fair, 84 Munoz St., Pukalani.
• 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7, Tis the Season for Giving Children's Holiday Craft Fair and Tis the Season for Giving Holiday Craft Fair, Maui Beach Hotel Lanai and Molokai rooms.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7, Jori's Annual Christmas Craft Sale, 23 Heona Place, Kihei.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7, Haleakala Waldorf School's Holiday Faire, 4160 Lower Kula Road.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 8, Holiday Fair 2013, sponsored by Maui's Sons and Daughters of the Nisei Veterans, Maui High School gymnasium.
• 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 14, Holiday Home Craft Show, sponsored by My Island Krafts and Crafty Local-kind Friends, 110 Laumakani Loop, Kihei.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment