| || |
Preliminary list of NLI signees for Hawaii unveiled by PIAA
January 16, 2013 - Robert Collias
The Pacific Islands Athletic Alliance does a great job of helping out 50th state athletes when it comes to finding college opportunities.
The PIAA, under Doris Sullivan's direction, will hold its ninth annual signing day extravaganza on Feb. 6 — no Neighbor Island kids on the list yet — but we know who they are.
Here is the PIAA press release that just landed in my in-box:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PIAA TO HOST 9th ANNUAL NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT SIGNING DAY EVENT
Honolulu, HI January 16, 2013. Pacific Islands Athletic Alliance (PIAA) will host its 9th Annual National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing day event, the single largest signing event in the nation, on February 6, 2013 at the Sheraton Waikiki for Hawaii H.S. athletes signing to play college sports. The event is sponsored by the Sheraton Waikiki, The James & Abigail Campbell Family Foundation, Downtown Athletic Club Hawaii, Under Armour, Hawaii Bowl Foundation, and the Hawaii Building & Construction Trades Council.
Athletes must check in by 6:00 am with introductions to begin at 6:20 am with signing at 7:00 am. Press may arrive as early as 5:30 am. Signing will be for athletes from the following sports: NCAA Football, Men¹s & Women¹s Soccer, Men¹s Water Polo, Men's and Women¹s Cross Country and Track & Field. Athletes signing with NAIA colleges in any sport may sign.
The following student athletes are confirmed with many more expected to make their commitment, RSVP and attend.
* Michael Atuaia, Mililani Football, U of Minnesota-Crookston
* Dempsey Lynn Banks, Punahou Soccer, Cornell
* Michael Boyd, Farrington Football, Saint Francis University (PA)
* Mitchell Boyd, Farrington Football, Saint Francis University (PA)
* Noah M. Chang, Punahou Soccer, Pitzer College
* Kamalei Correa, Saint Louis Football, Boise State
* Isabelle Delgado, Moanalua Soccer, UNLV
* Titus Failauga, Mid Pacific/Pac 5 Football, San Diego State or University of Hawaii*
* Colton Goeas, Saint Louis Football, University of Kansas
* Kai Gonda, Kaiser Football, Weber State University
* Reeve Koehler, Saint Louis Football, University of Kansas or University of Arkansas*
* Solomon Leaeno, James Campbell Football, TBA**
* Wesley Nagaseu, Waipahu Football, TBA**
* Kyle Obana, Punahou Football, Brown University
* Scott Pagano, Moanalua Football, Clemson University
* Ekolu Ramos III, Mililani Football, University of Minnesota-Crookston
* Madison Reed, Mililani Soccer, University of Hawaii
* Tierra Reyno, Mililani Soccer, University of Hawaii
* Ualesi Sale, Aiea Football, University of Hawaii
* Isaac Savaiinaea, Punahou Football, Texas A&M or UCLA
* Amate Savusa, James Campbell Football, TBA**
* Jeremy Tabuyo, Saint Louis Football, Texas A&M
* Jenson Toner, Punahou Soccer, University of Southern California
* Ryan Tuiasoa, Punahou Football, Weber State University
* Kennedy Tulimasealii, Waianae Football, University of Hawaii
* Dakota Turner, Mililani Football, San Diego State
* Jaryn Villegas, Leilehua Football, TBA**
*Expected to announce final decision week of January 21.
**Taking visits this week, have offers, no decisions yet.
You may find regular updates to this list by going to our website www.pacificathleticalliance.com.
Event will be followed by interviews, photos and continental breakfast. Athletes must RSVP by Feb 1, although late commits are welcome to attend as well. The event will be attended by families, friends, coaches and athletic directors. The event is free and open to the public. Information and details are available at www.pacificathleticalliance.com The next signing period which covers all sports begins April 1, 2013.
The next signing period which covers all sports begins April 1, 2013.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment