| || |
Maui Food Technology Center hosts Food Product Contest at Maui County Ag Festival
April 2, 2012 - Carla Tracy
Do you grow or make a food product on Maui? Then perhaps you should try and enter a contest at Maui County Agricultural Festival in Waikapu this weekend.
"Maui Food Product to Market Contest” is looking for a new locally made food product that utilizes the most amount of locally grown products (Grown on Maui fruits, vegetables, and more),” according to a press release by event publicist Charlene Kauhane.
“Submissions must have commercial viability and Maui Food Technology Center (MFTC) will help that local entrepreneur take the product from idea to the store shelf.”
How to enter? Visit Maui Farm Bureau Contest Website. Please note the following:
• $10.00 Registration fee
• Four – six servings of product to be delivered between 9 to 10 a.m.on April 7. Drop off at the Grand Taste Education tent at the Maui County Ag Festival.
• List of all ingredients in the recipe and specify the local ingredients.
• Include a short story about your product.
• 1st place – Receive assistance from MFTC consultants to complete project.
• 2nd place – Receive two hours of free consultation with Food Scientist and two free nutritional labels. ($300.00 value).
• 3rd place – One hour of free consultation with Food Scientist and one free nutritional label. ($150.00 value).
MFTC was formed as a non-profit, to offer food science services to local food product entrepreneurs. MFTC’s goal is to assist the growth of value-added food products thru Hawai‘i’s food industry, connecting students, food producers and farmers through the practice of food science.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment